Weld Boathouse was rebuilt in 1906 (originally built in 1889) with funds from George Walker Weld. It currently is home to the Harvard-Radcliffe Women’s Heavyweight and Lightweight Crew teams and also hosts the intramural crew and sculling programs. The US Navy also used Weld as a training facility at one point.
The large floor-to-ceiling windows let in lots of light and the brick walls keep rowers cool as they erg. The balcony offers a great view of the river (and HBS…). Old black-and-white photos line the walls as reminders of former athletes. The cavernous rooms can have a humbling effect.