I was working at the Starbucks near The Quad two weekends ago and noticed this new feature on the high table. This “powermat” charges your phone wirelessly. Different circular plugs are available for different types of phones. (If your phone has wireless charging enabled, it does not need a plug.) Overall, I really liked the product, although additional features can be added to make it even more convenient and efficient.
- Do not need to carry charging devices
- Do not need to worry about finding outlets
- Phone remains close to your work area
Disadvantages/Areas for Improvement:
- Creates clutter on the work station
- The plug does not snap to the mat
- Multiple phones cannot use the same mat at the same time