Challenge for Monday, Feb 11
On Swarovski Digital Crystal Exhibit:
- Additional Article in Whitewall Magazine
On Alabamian bamboo:
- ‘Bamboo Bootcamp’ slides
- Resource Fiber site
- NPR on bamboo in Alabama
- Alabama Bamboo in bikes
- Alabama first lady supports bamboo
- Firm wants to manufacture bamboo in Alabama
Tips on the challenge:
- Obviously you should think beyond these links – they are just a starting point.
- Bamboo and Alabama are not typically branded as luxury. What might you learn from the Swarovski and Design Museum case that could change this?
- If you propose partnerships, be prepared to discuss why the parties would want to do this / why it would be desirable for them.
Tips on moving quickly and productively:
- Set clear goals and discuss what the output will likely cover
- Divide work by competency and schedule, set roles where possible (e.g. research, visual mockups, exhibition pitch, strategy paragraphs, etc)
- Expose yourselves to more diverse stimuli early on
- Set up transparency (shared docs where possible) so you can trust you are each making good progress
- Use constraints to make fast progress (constraints in terms of focus, materials, format, etc.)
- Try multiple approaches at first, but don’t get too precious about which one goes forward.
- Decide when to decide on one design. And stick to it.
- Support each other rather than suspect or doubt each other